- $125.00 - $150 per hour
- Job Type
- Steven Jobson
- about 2 months ago
- NV1 Clearance required
- Long term contracts
- Work within a large scale ICT environment
- Information Security focus
A customer focused problem solver, the Security Specialist will be able to manage risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards, with the ability to obtain and act on vulnerable information and conduct security risk assessments, business impact analysis and accreditation on complex information systems.
You will investigate major breaches of security, and recommend appropriate control improvements and you will also contributes to the development of information security policy, standards and guidelines.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Participate in and contribute to incident response activities, as directed
- Assess associated risks and specify recovery routines and contingency procedures to support incident response activities.
- Assess any residual risk relating to system operation and ability to communicate this risk in both verbal and written format, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Produce outline system designs and specifications, and overall architecture, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within the organisation.
- Actively manage stakeholder relationships to communicate business needs, de-conflict requirements, communicate risk and provide recommended courses of action.
- Conduct governance activities in relation to a large ICT vendor to ensure compliance with work tasks and agreed service levels.
- Manage and maintain the service compliance of IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience within a large scale ICT
environment with the following demonstrated experience:
- engaging with external stakeholders to support generating and delivering on client needs;
- in-depth knowledge of the cyber security function and proven ability to contribute to the development, implementation, compliance and review of policies and procedures relevant to their work within that function;
- applying strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to produce robust and evidence based recommendations;
- the ability to conduct independent assessments of any system, network or gateway for compliance with the Australian Government Information Security Manual, the Protective Security Policy Framework and other Australian Government policy and guidance, to ensure the safety of government information.
Please contact Blake on 6129 6322 for more information