- $ Daily Neg.
- Job Type
- Kylie McManus
- 11 months ago
12-month contract in Melbourne's south-east with 12-month option to extend. Free parking on-site. Federal Agency, national team.
You'll be joining a national team operating in a service delivery model where you will be allocated to a Business Unit delivering a range of research projects.
As a Librarian you will be expected to understand the research projects for your assigned Business Unit, information/data inputs and outputs. You'll need to adopt a strong 'customer service' mindset as you provide information classification, retrieval and management services to the business.
You'll be operating in a nationally distributed, virtual team so the ability to work autonomously at times is required.
- Deliver information resources and services to the research projects within your Business Unit
- Ability to build relationships across geographic boundaries in a virtual team and service delivery model
- Experience in delivering effective training both virtual and in-person on information management
- Sound understanding of the research lifecycle and its associated information input and outputs - particularly at the publication end of the lifecycle
- Sound knowledge and application of the principles of information classification, description and retrieval
- Knowledge and experience in the use of communication and collaboration tools, specifically video conferencing, Wiki and SharePoint.
- Experience in contributing to team initiatives and working groups and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Information systems including ePublilsh, RPR and DAP
- Experience with metadata, semantic and VALA Libraries technology or membership of the Australian Library and Information Association highly regarded
You will need to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a baseline clearance if required.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (03) 9236 7725