The Infrastructure & Integration Analyst is responsible for the support of all IT infrastructure within both the corporate and tolling environments; for facilitating production support for our client's corporate application environments and assisting teams supporting the tolling and billing applications. The incumbent is responsible for engaging with vendors and internal teams to diagnose issues encountered by users; resolve issues and implement solutions; and to work with third parties in the delivery of infrastructure and application support
- Demonstrable creativity and lateral thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within defined time lines, as both a team member and independently.
- Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
- Good understanding of how software works and is written with experience in more than 1 programming language (preferable: Python, Perl, Java, .NET).
- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately and effectively.
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Knowledge and awareness of contemporary OH&S, EEO, anti-Discrimination and harassment prohibition issues.
- Extensive experience (e.g. 5+ years) in ICT support.
- Operational IT experience in a 24x7, transaction processing environment.
- Analytical and investigative skills.
- Good understanding of Oracle 12c and MS SQL Server (performance tuning, backup and recovery).
- Administration skills with RedHat Linux and Windows server.
- Ability to write PL/SQL and T-SQL queries and to understand the implications of those queries on the database (potential performance impacts).
- Exposure to the Elastic stack, Ansible and Talend.
- Thorough understanding of concepts relating to Web Servers and Web Services (preferable: JBoss and IIS).
- Exposure to HPE Quality Centre.
- Excellent understanding of the TCP/IP stack.