- Sydney C B D
- Competitive Salary and OTE
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Thomas MacKenzie
- 11 months ago
Our client is a SaaS vendor from Silicon Valley on a hyper-growth journey. A true "Unicorn' they were founded in 2009 and raised over 150 million USD prior to listing on the NYSE in 2019. Since floating, they have enjoyed a steady increase in share price and global headcount with over 700 people now employed internationally. Locally, the company are headed up by a seasoned software veteran sales leader, who has forged a reputation for building local high performing teams within US high growth vendors.
Over the past 12 months, they have doubled their presence/headcount in ANZ and are now looking for a Sales Manager to lead, coach and mentor their local commercial inside sales function. This is a fast-paced company with a "fail fast, learn fast' mentality. Lead by a VP with a successful track record of bringing US hyper-growth companies to APAC, this is an opportunity to work with seasoned software sales leaders and leave your own stamp on a genuine land and expand Unicorn in ANZ.
In this role, you will be responsible for the go-to-market execution for SMB to Mid-Market Segments and own the Lead Generation and Channel Partner functions which serve all Customer Segments in APJ.
Functions under management include:
- Sales Development (outbound and inbound)
- Commercial Sales Team
- Regional Resellers
- Own the GTM strategy and execution for SMB-Mid Market segments in APJ
- Lead a growing team of individual contributors, in time you this may involve first-line sales managers
- Attract, hire, coach, onboard and retain top sales talent
- Drive daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and close deals to ensure stellar quota performance
- Lead weekly/monthly 121's and team-wide pipeline reviews
- Run meetings/training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement/development
Our clients' product is sold into the DevOps/SecOps space predominantly, it would be great if you have some knowledge of that space already. You will also already have experience managing a team of between 5-10 salespeople and a successful track record of delivering to aggressive growth targets. You see yourself as a "player-coach' rather than a "boss' or a leader rather than a manager. Lastly, you are a natural people person who knows how to motivate and inspire those around you!
You also have:
- 6+ years' commercial B2B sales experience (within a challenger SaaS vendor ideally)
- Minimum 2+ years of sales management experience with a track record of leading individual contributors to success
- Exhibit the ability to coach, mentor and develop early to mid-career sales talent
- Ideally some experience within APM (Application Performance Monitoring), AI (Artificial Intelligence) or ML (Machine Learning)
- Experience selling through or Managing Channel Partners/Resellers
- Full working rights in Australia on a permanent visa/citizenship
- Tertiary degree (Bachelors or higher) in IT related field is highly regarded
- Ability to commit to 10% travel (international/regional)
If you think the above sounds like a copy of your CV/the story of your life please click APPLY NOW.