This federal agency is supporting and managing a transformative marketplace which supports people with disability and increases community engagement through more flexible access to benefits with a personalized plan and support team.
Based in Footscray or Geelong, you will be joining a national, virtual team responsible for managing and triaging a pipeline of Participant-driven Plan reviews.
APS 6 Level Case Officer reporting into a Team Leader. Your role is to deal with Participants who request a review of their Plan. You will gather information from Participants, Carers, Allied Health and Health Professionals and undertake complex analysis to make recommendations within policy and legal guidelines (federal Acts).
You will be responsible for maintaining contact and relationships with the Participant during the review and communicate outcomes (verbally and written).
You will prepare decision letters and communicate outcomes clearly and within Agency guidelines.
- Experience supporting and working with people with disability and / or carers and family - Aged Care also considered
- Ability to manage a high volume caseload
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team dealing with complex information
- Experience assessing complex information within legal and operating process guidelines to make fair and auditable decisions (review decisions assessable but the Administrative Appeals Tribunal)
- Experience working with Allied Health and other professionals
- Ability to communicate outcomes both written and verbally
- Strong IT systems experience documenting cases in a CRM or similar system
- Urgency, accuracy, and empathy
- A background in Legal / Paralegal or Law combined with a disability or aged care reviews ideal
email@example.com | (03) 9236 7725