The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking development activities required to deliver IT solutions that meet the business needs. Estimates and carries out systems development work to time, budget and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards. Resolves technical development issues that may arise during the whole development lifecycle. As well as the ability to present complex technical and operational information in simple, business language.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Strong experience working with OLTP, Spring Boot, Spring Security, JMS, REST, XML, JUnit or equivalent
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Apache Tomcat
- Proven ability to work with databases (MySQL, MSSQL & Oracle) using complex SQL queries
- Experience in developing high volume transaction processing systems
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of Linux OS
- Experience in Python and in managing the interchange of data between the server and the users is desired.
- A pragmatic approach, understanding business objectives and value.
- Completes development deliverables in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality so that the delivered solutions are fit-for-purpose, can be efficiently supported and the impact of future change requests can be assessed.
- Collaborates with project teams to provide estimations.
- Works across IT to assess system requirements and specifications, identifying and addressing any potential issues prior to implementation.
- Designs technical solutions of assigned technology solutions for projects.
- Follows all change control procedures and puts in place full version control and configuration management to ensure that the production service is not compromised.
- Follows the procedures for reporting on the progress of systems development projects, taking action to deal with exceptions, problems and unforeseen events in a timely manner, escalating as appropriate.
- Maintains up to date awareness of system security processes and procedures.
- Contributes to post-implementation reviews to incorporate learning into future work.