- New South Wales
- $115K + Super
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Debbie Komchian
- 20 days ago
As a senior member of this team, guiding and implementing deployment initiatives dealing with software development, operations, and services. As well as improving communication, collaboration and integration between software developer's deployment engineers, and IT operations personnel.
- Provide technical leadership to the working team, leading support and deployment initiatives.
- Provide estimates on implementation, deployment and configuration changes on different applications and platforms as per project.
- Provide 3rd level production support on applications, platforms and products in client facing environments.
- Setup and Deploy applications in web servers and application servers
- Create deployment guides used for application deployments
- Promote an energetic and supportive culture within the team.
- Work with Technical Lead - Deployment, development manager, development team and technical leads to enable and improve deployment capabilities.
- Guidance and training to Junior team members to scale up.
- Develop detailed system documentation of application based on solution designs and requirements.
- Review solution designs with the architects, comparing with existing designs and creating a strategy to set- up application & web servers and deploy application components
- Work with architects and developers to come up with the best infrastructure design in relation to Java component application deployment.
- Maintain and keep up to date with relevant technical knowledge to effectively provide the best technical solutions
- Liaise with cross-functional teams (including infrastructure and production support) to implement and integrate project solutions
- Review and recommend improvement in methods, tools, and techniques to continuously improve productivity and quality
To be successful for this role:
- Proven experience with build and development tools (e.g. Vagrant, Git, SVN, TeamCity, Artifactory, Maven, Ant, MSBuild, Subversion, Selenium).
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Experience using automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Octopus, Jenkins)
- Experience with Java Application Servers and Configuration (Tomcat, JBOSS/WildFly)
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Experience working with AWS or similar Cloud services
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- An Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (software), Computer Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree
- 3+ Years' experience working on large scale product development and deployment.
- Experience working with Popular automation toolsets
Please note you are required to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If this sounds like you please apply!