- Melbourne C B D
- $130000.00 - $140000 per annum
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Wes Elsayed
- 4 months ago
Located in canberra this organisation is a supported open source solutions company for Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch & Redis.
Kafka TechOps Engineer You'll be working remotely from Melbourne via a prestegious open source company based in Canberra. (No relocations needed!)
What will you be doing?
- You'll be responding to customer queries and incidents, diagnosing and solving complex technical issues by liaising with customer's engineers on Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, ElasticSearch and other supported technologies and maintain a high standard of customer communication
- Investigate issues and apply standard maintenance procedures to optimize the performance and stability of production systems
- Undertake complex cluster operations such as migrations, upgrades and maintenance on their fleet of 3000+ nodes
- Develop and continually improve their suite of internal automation tools, applications, and process
- Experience with Apache Cassandra or Kafka or Elasticsearch is a MUST!!!!!
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux and be comfortable working from the command line.
- Good fundamental computer science / software engineering skills and knowledge, particularly operating system internals, memory management, and networking.
- Programming skills in Python, Java, bash scripting, SQL, ansible and source code control using Git.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal English (essential).