- Excellent hourly rate
- Job Type
- Prasanna Kumar
- 10 months ago
Technical Facilities Support
- Comprehensively understand the relevant laboratory governance and safety standards and maintain accreditation under Defence Science & Technology oversight.
- Oversee WHS requirements as the Safety Manager for a small laboratory precinct.
- Oversee the inventory management and storage of lab equipment and consumables, including dangerous goods, hazardous substances and radiological material.
- Operate ChemAlert and other relevant laboratory-related risk management systems.
- Operate, with training, CBRN-related equipment such as detectors
- Audit and maintain quality control of all laboratory-related records.
- Oversee the inventory management, maintenance and storage of technical equipment, fixtures and consumables housed within Defence storage areas and training facilities.
- Provide maintenance services for technical equipment holdings including:
- Develop, deliver and update a Maintenance Management Plan in support of technical equipment holdings.
- Provide first line maintenance, testing, calibration and light grade repair in accordance with OEM manuals and advice for all current and future laboratory and specialist equipment.
- Interface with maintenance contractors and external providers and facilitate OEM repair, maintenance and replacement for non-repairable items.
- Maintain good operational security practices.
- Provide on-site preventative and corrective maintenance services.
- Routinely inspect and diagnose equipment functionality, licencing and currency.
- Maintain the operational readiness of specialist equipment including consumables and dangerous goods.
- Manage parts, to include resupply and exchange, refurbishment and replacement.
- Manage data input into the relevant in-service inventory management systems.
- Accurately maintain all equipment related records and logs
- Coordinate the purchase of stores and equipment in support of the lab facility.
- Coordinate financial commitments and purchases.
- Facilitate secure disposal of sensitive items utilising in-service classified item disposal processes
- Provide general assistance to scientists in the lab environment
- Provide general off-site assistance to technical specialists
- Comfortable travelling off-site to conduct work related duties
- Provide equipment training services including: initial operator training for technical specialists, regular on-site refresher and currency training for technical specialists, on-demand, operational training support across the suite of capability equipment holdings.
- Facilitate detailed OEM training and engagement as required (on-site and/or off site)
To be considered for the role you will need to possess the following:
- NVI Security Clearance (or higher) is a mandatory requirement for all applicants.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to consider this opportunity in a role that is anticipated to expand and provide motivating challenges across our client's operations.
- Demonstrable experience working within a laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and experience working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
If you match the selection criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please forward your updated CV to Prasanna Kumar or Jon McCahon by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com
For further enquiries please call +61 8 6212 5516