You will be sitting within their fraud and compliance branch.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop fraud and compliance content for both internal and external stakeholders
- Run face to face learning programs ranging from big and small groups
- Develop materials for face-to-face and e-learning training
- Contribute to reporting on effectiveness to the activities
- Proven experience facilitating training to various type and numbers of audiences
- Experienced in developing learning materials
- Relevant qualifications in training
- Experience/ Qualification in Fraud control framework will be highly regarded
- Positive attitude towards disability - direct or indirect experience within this sector or within health, aged care, medical, not-for-profit, government, volunteering or community involvement - HIGHLY regarded
For more information please call Cammy on 03 9236 7715. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will need to be able to obtain a Baseline Clearance - only Australian Citizen can be considered.