- Australian Capital Territory
- $75 - $90 per hour
- Job Type
- Steven Jobson
- 26 days ago
- 12 month contract + 12 month extension
- 1 position in Canberra - 1 position in Melbourne
- Australian citizens only
As a Librarian will be assigned to specific Business Units where you will be expected to understand the research projects, its information inputs and outputs.
You day to day duties will be centred around the provision of information resources and services appropriate to the research area. You will negotiate with client groups to establish service deliverables and obtain and act on feedback and you should take personal responsibility for client satisfaction and correct problems promptly and in a constructive manner.
We are looking for people who have the following skills and experience:
- High level knowledge of the systems to deliver information resources
- Ability to form and maintain productive client relationships across geographic boundaries in a virtual service delivery model.
- Experience and ongoing willingness to deliver a variety of services in a complex environment
- Experience in delivering effective training both virtual and in person
- Sound understanding of the research lifecycle and its associated information input and outputs
- Sound knowledge and application of the principles of information description and retrieval
- Knowledge and experience in the use of communication and collaboration tools, specifically video conferencing, Wiki and SharePoint.
- Experience in contributing to team initiatives and working groups and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
You will need to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a clearance.