- 12 month contract
- Open to PR's and NZ Citizens
- Great organisation to work for
The Library Digitisation Specialist is responsible for the digitisation of publications and archival materials including the development of standards and procedures for digitisation of resources. This position will involve formulating written instructions and conducting hands on and virtual training for library staff in digitisation and the effective use of equipment.
Please Note: Some lifting will be required in accordance with safe work practices and travel may be required to other sites within Australia
Specific duties for the position include:
- Develop detailed standards and procedures for the digitisation of library resources and archival materials.
- Prepare written instructions and guides for staff covering digitisation, the use of equipment, and post-processing of files.
- Set-up templates and guidelines for equipment for different scanning scenarios.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve issues of a technical nature relating to digitisation equipment.
- Provide effective training to staff both in person and online.
- Digitise and make available online selected publications and archival materials.
- Provide assistance to internal and external clients in person, by phone and online using collaborative tools.
- Maintain knowledge and engage in continuous professional development to keep up with current and developing standards and practices for digitisation.
Skills and experience required for the position:
Education/Qualifications: A degree in a relevant area such as Librarianship or Information Management and relevant experience in a large research/academic library or cultural institution.
Communication: The ability to clearly convey information and ideas through informal discussion and formal presentations, adapted to others needs and priorities, and establish effective interpersonal relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Track record in delivering high quality customer-focused services.
Adaptability: Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances and new responsibilities.
Behaviours: A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
Technical Skills: Demonstrated skills and experience in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel) as well as scanning and processing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Bridge.
- Experience preparing standards and procedural documentation concerning the digitisation of materials.
- Significant experience in the digitisation and digital preservation of library resources and archival materials. Knowledge and experience using and applying appropriate international standards related to digitisation including file formats, metadata and technical specifications, and using relevant equipment including overhead and flat-bed scanners as well as multi-functional devices.
- Experience in preparing materials and conducting training both in person and in a virtual environment.