- New South Wales
- Pay Rate- $36.00 per hour plus superannuation
- Job Type
- Jessica Abboud
- about 1 year ago
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the position is to provideservice advice to workshop staff and customers of the workshop, and to support the efficient operation of the fleet workshop through proper stores management and the purchasing of spare partsand equipment.
- Vehicle parts are procured in a timely and strategic manner to assist in keeping Council's fleet operational and minimise off-road downtime;
- Metal products for all metal fabrication and other required materials are procured in a timely and strategic manner;
- All documentation for the processing and payment of all invoices from suppliers is processed efficiently;
- All pick-ups and deliveries by workshop staff are coordinated effectively;
- Accurate daily reports are prepared for the Fleet Services Manager onparts used;
- Liaise with workshop trades staff and all sales representatives and suppliers;
- All stock delivered to the workshop is correctly processed with proper records and stored for easy access;
- Accurate and timely records are available within the stores module of the Fleet Management System(AusFleet);
- Monitor the scheduling of vehicle and plant servicing toensure that the appropriate parts are coordinated, ordered and delivered on time;
- Core stock levels are reviewed and maintained;
- Assist with workshop Service man duties if and when required by Team Leaders.
- Comply with and keep abreast of any relevant legislation applicable to the performance of the duties of this position
- Tertiary qualifications and/orextensiveexperience in administration and/or stores management roles;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of spare parts and metal fabrication services and suppliers;
- Knowledge of the operation of a large vehicle and plant fleet and workshop;
- Knowledge of public sector purchasing requirements;
- Intermediate level skill using Microsoft office applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.