- Darwin based role
- 12-month contract
- Attractive rate remuneration
- Members of Parliament (MP)
- State and Territory Disability Ministers
- Shadow Disability Ministers.
The APS6 Member and Senator Contact Officer (MaSCO) will provide detailed technical, professional, policy, operational support and advice in relation to complex problems. It may be required to coordinate and assist in the strategic planning, program and project management and policy development that support the client's objectives.
The position has reasonable autonomy and accountability to exercise both initiative and judgment to interpret legislation and policy, in the application of practices and procedures to achieve outcomes within the functions.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining productive and professional relationships with allocated parliamentarians, their staff and agency leadership teams.
- Providing parliamentarians with information on the purpose, scope and progress of the Scheme relating to their community and constituents.
- Building confidence and understanding of the client's in parliamentarians and their staff.
- Facilitating a timely response to parliamentarian enquiries and representations using appropriate regional processes for referral and resolution.
- Recording details of complaints, enquiries, and engagement with local MPs and their staff.
- Escalating complaints from constituents in accordance with established complaint handling processes.
- Communication with participants and providers as required in managing complaints.
- Coordinating input into briefings for the Minister and our client's Executive.
- Facilitating other tasks as required by the Director and our client's Executives.