Key expected outcomes:
- Interpret Extract Transform & Load packages, SQL code and database objects including views and stored procedures
- Interpret data sources, aggregations, filtering and calculations on end-user reports and data models
- Document metadata for data in the environment using appropriate tools
- Define and document appropriate metadata attributes such as ownership, sensitivity, data source, update frequency, related data, etc.
- Define a methodology to maintain the currency of metadata
- Define tools and systems for users to access metadata and data provenance information efficiently
Experience and skills required:
- Ability to read and write SQL queries
- Ability to read SSIS Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) packages
- Ability to work with databases
- Experience developing metadata using relevant tools and techniques
- Experience documenting data flows, data transformations and relationships between data elements (data mapping)
- Experience documenting attributes, definitions and calculation logic for data elements (metadata)
If the role sounds interesting, please apply online or call Kapil on 08 8228 1566.