- Melbourne C B D
- $ Permanent Salary
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Kylie McManus
- 10 months ago
Our Client is a global health and financial services group with 30 million + customers. Based in Melbourne's CBD with easy access to public transport, the business offers great work-life balance and culture. This is a full-time permanent role with no on-call support required.
We are looking for a talented Monitoring Systems Engineer to join a team of 3 supporting 7-8 teams across Operations (DBA's, Server Administration, Networking, Applications).
You'll be installing, implementing, and supporting a number of infrastructure and application monitoring tools including: SaaS based LogicMonitor, SolarWinds, AppDynamics, SumoLogic, Splunk.
- Experience installing and administering at least one performance monitoring tool required (12 months +): LogicMonitor, SolarWinds, AppDynamics, SumoLogic, Splunk etc.
- Experience with ETL and extracting and manipulating data
- API's - monitoring tools will interface to ServiceNow (RESTful)
- Good development skills in a scripting language (eg Python, Bash etc).
- Knowledge of Protocols - SNMP, WMI, PerfMon
- Inquisitive nature, desire to learn and asks questions
- Service mindset - you will be working with multiple teams to understand their monitoring requirements, setting up Alerts and reports etc
- Knowledge of ITIL, SIEM, and alerts, events, incidents
- ITIL Foundation, nice to have
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology
If you are over on-call and long support hours and would rather support your colleagues performing high availability admin - this is the career opportunity for you!
The successful candidate will be required to complete a background/police check and have full Australian work rights.
Kylie.McManus@talentinternational.com | (03) 9236 7725.