- $75.00 - $100.00 per hour
- Job Type
- Mats Rorvik
- 18 days ago
Note: There is a requirement to occasionally perform planned work outside of business hours as well as to take part in an on-call roster (approx 1 week in 5)
The successful candidate will have a natural ability to drive and deliver Networks Services project deliverables within a large enterprise environment and provide ongoing technical support and expertise to the business. You will provide ongoing technical support and expertise to the business with a specific focus on a Quality of Service (QoS) Deployment across a multitude of application streams and hardware platforms.
- Conduct surveys and create Low Level/High Level Designs
- Implement network solutions for projects across Council locations. Current Open Drivers licence and ability to travel to site at short notice is required.
- Evaluate vendor products and services to ensure quality and capability
- Develop, roll-out and maintain design patterns/blueprints, standards and guidelines for wired and wireless networks.
- Prepare and deliver in-depth audits for wired and wireless networks to ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and guidelines are in place and applied.
- Support the development of continuous improvement solutions.
- Document and maintain the required work templates and checklists that will provide the basis from which to identify efficiency improvements
- Ability to provide Evidence of similar network QOS deployments across a campus network focusing on multiple applications.
- Demonstrated skills and experience WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Security, PoE, VoIP etc).
- Demonstrated experience in the large-scale rollout of Cisco routing and switching infrastructure
- In depth routing and switching configuration and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Prime, DNA etc.)
- Ability to perform site surveys and produce detailed reports
- Familiarity in hosting and infrastructure, virtualization experience using VMWare NSX.
- Successfully build positive work relationships making them a priority and display a genuine passion and commitment toward team collaboration and vision.
- Strong analytical, judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail, testing and documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to work with minimum supervision and take responsibility for the implementation and success of technical project deliverable
- Demonstrated experience in the large-scale rollout of Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Points highly regarded
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent demonstrated qualifications and experience