RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Administer, maintain and develop hardware and software for local and wide area networks including Cisco switches, routers, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Nexus infrastructure including ACI. Routing and Switching knowledge including protocols such as OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Administer, maintain and develop hardware and software for voice communications. In particular: PABX, Cisco Call Manager Service, Skype for Business, Polycom Video Conference systems
- Assist BT Security Team maintaining and supporting network security systems such as SIEM, NAC, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cloud Web Proxy.
- Provide the necessary technical support to Global BT Service Desk, Field Services teams. Work with regional Field Services teams to support network infrastructure in APAC region.
- Work with vendors and integrators who provide network services and support.
- Maintain assigned systems by continually reviewing assigned infrastructure to make recommendations and lead in hardware replacement and upgrades.
- Provide periodic software updates based on system performance and trends. Researching and updating all devices for needed software, to correct issues, add needed features or patch for security vulnerabilities.
- Perform technical writing of policies, procedures and configuration of systems by authoring, updating and maintaining all related documentation.
- Lead the troubleshooting all end user problems related to assigned Infrastructure platforms. Collaborate on incident tracking and reporting with cross functional teams to analyze and develop corrective actions.
- Support and lead Quality Management processes to ensure all systems are in compliance and appropriate documentation in place as specified by established quality management guidelines. Develop and follow change management procedures as defined in the quality management system, leading others as needed.
- Provide advanced support for datacenter recoverability and high availability operations. Establish and routinely test recovery procedures for responsible systems.
- Provide in-depth configurations following approved procedures to maintain current security practices on all assigned systems. Promptly inform B.T. Management and B.T. QMD of any known breaches or issues.