- $604.00 - $704.00 per day
- Job Type
- Mats Rorvik
- 9 months ago
This is a contract position until 2nd of October 2020 + possible extension based in Brisbane's CBD.
The candidate will assist in a major WIFI implementation and will be responsible for deployment-related activities including liaising with project and operational areas, school representatives. The successful candidate will work with the Project Team and the Network Operations Centre (NOC) to perform the following key tasks:
- Under the direction of the project managers, perform all assigned deployment tasks for the 'Bring Your Own Device (BYOx)' migration project.
- Work within NOC using enterprise ICT operational support systems as per business demands.
- Assist the project as required provisioning BYO Wireless Devices at schools connected to the Departments network.
- Assist with tests on INTUNE, WLAN and WLC to ensure effective connection to the network.
- As applicable, assist or complete system, integration, performance and regression testing and associated activities such as accurate defect logging and prioritisation within established frameworks, strategies, standards, methodologies and policies.
- Assist and collaborate positively with school representatives and colleagues within ITB and Business areas (this will including external stakeholders) to facilitate timely connection of devices to the Network
- Assist school technical representatives with resolving issues resulting from their User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Assist with BYO device registration on the Network including hand over into BAU support.
- Escalate all issues and risks through the appropriate project and NOC channels.
- Provide technical expertise to the department's ICT systems
- Perform administration, maintenance, and support tasks as directed
- Undertake capacity reviews, identifying and analysing opportunities for performance and platform tuning as directed.
- Perform defined tasks as directed to proactively monitor critical ICT services.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve. Identify operational issues and contribute to their resolution.
- Demonstrated experience and high-level knowledge in configuring, administering and maintaining operational systems with proven experience and high-level knowledge of ICT operations including the ability to work in a team to achieve objectives aligned with departmental strategic goals, operational imperatives, and team deliverables.
- Ability to apply professional skills and knowledge to the delivery of operational outcomes, with the capacity to dynamically adjust to shifting priorities.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to liaise, consult and negotiate with line managers, technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and clients by working collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to proactively seek feedback from colleagues and managers, with a focus of continuous self-improvement and a willingness to take ownership of tasks and drive them to a successful conclusion.
- Seeks to understand the audience and tailors communication style and message accordingly. Listens carefully to others and checks to ensure their views have been understood. Checks own understanding of others' comments and does not allow misunderstandings to linger.
- Knowledge of school and student management system(s), and ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of Microsoft INTUNE or Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform
- Preferred understanding of client authentication within WLAN
- Exposure to Cisco and HP wireless environments
- Knowledge of WLAN and or WLC testing
- Advanced ITIL process knowledge
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.