One of Australia's largest open access, Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) wholesale network infrastructure operators, servicing the new residential housing, apartment and commercial building markets.
About the role
The Network Operations department is accountable for all Enterprise and Retail Service Provider customer interactions from both a service activation and a service assurance perspective, in addition to management of network infrastructure, and systems which support this telecommunications network.
As NOC System Administrator you would responsible for management, up-keep and development of internal systems, and support external customer systems.
- Management of database systems, including MySQL, MariaDB, InfluxDB and Graphite
- Management of Linux Systems, including security management.
- Management of custom installations, eg customer mail servers, web servers, phone systems.
- Configuration, operation and tuning of Monitoring Systems
- Development and customisation of monitoring tools
- Problem solving through analysis of logs & hardware/software configuration
- Scripting and Automation
- Design and development of tools to automate repetitive work
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience with telecommunications or data communication networks
- Demonstrated knowledge in IP and MPLS based networks.
- Demonstrated knowledge with one or more of the following access network technologies: GPON, xDSL, HFC.
- Hands on knowledge of and experience with Linux
- Hands on knowledge of and experience with Database Systems (MySQL/InfluxDB)
- Hands on knowledge of and experience with Monitoring Systems based upon Nagios (Centreon/Incinga2).
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications with demonstrated examples of documentation (e.g. thesis) would be highly desirable.
- Huawei or Cisco certified industry certifications
- ITIL and/or Project Management certifications
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement Methodologies.
Interested? Push the "APPLY NOW' button or alternatively call Wes on (03) 9236 7766 for more of a confidential conversation, please email Wes at firstname.lastname@example.org