- Negotiable hourly rate on offer
- Job Type
- Deborah Moreton
- 3 months ago
- Short term contract with government department
- Previous experience in government department
- Immediate start
We are seeking a junior OSH Consultant to assist our State Government client with short term contracts in partnering with business leaders to provide support, advice and expertise on matters relating to health, safety and wellness, including workers compensation matters and assisting in injury management and employee rehabilitation. This position plays a key role in promoting the need for, and benefits of, a safe and healthy working environment. We work with an extensive portfolio of well-established Government Agencies. Being engaged as a contractor, you will represent us by interacting with a variety of clients in a diverse range of government departments.
Your new role
- Conducts risk assessments, safety audits and investigations as required.
- Manages workers' compensation claims for the Department, including case conferences.
- Coordinates return to work programs, including rehabilitation programs.
- Provides an executive support function for the Department's Health, Safety and Welfare Committee and prepares and presents reports to the Committee.
- Maintains the Department's health and safety databases, records and intranet site.
- Designs and implements a calendar of activities for the Department's wellness program.
- Monitors and reports on the Department's employee assistance program (EAP) and assists with contract management and evaluation.
- Monitors compliance with all relevant legislative and public-sector requirements and develops and implements strategies to enhance the Department's performance.
- Reports on the effectiveness of health and wellness strategies and services.
- Builds and maintains productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, showing initiative and a commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
Minimum three years' experience in Occupational Safety & Health and previous government experience.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered an hourly rate, fixed term contract and a degree of autonomy.
What you need to do now
If you match the selection criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please forward your updated CV to David Gonsalves by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com
For further enquiries please call 08 9221 3300.