As the Operational Security Lead you will:
- Lead and manage a team that develops and implements security standard, procedures and guidelines for multiple Information Technology (IT) platforms and diverse system environments and provide authoritative advice.
- Perform the lead role in the engagement and management of key third party strategic vendors to facilitate managed service arrangements on behalf of the department.
- Direct, manage, plan and administer the operations and administrative activities for the ICT security of the department, including Antivirus, Security Incident Event Management, Intrusion Protection and Vulnerability Assessment.
- Manage the development and implementation of strategies, security standards, procedures, controls and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse system environments including solutions for ICT network security and ensure their compliance.
- Manage the technical toolset to track and trace mobile devices, including remote proxy client management, antivirus endpoint protection and review, design, develop, test and implement operational security plans, products, control techniques within a security focussed environment that keeps pace with current technology shifts.
- Implement and maintain a reporting framework that addresses audit, risk and issue compliance, Defence Signal Directorate (DSD) and Whole of Government (WoG) IS18 considerations and a number of departmental security and steering committee audiences.
- Undertake detailed risk assessments including identifying ICT security risks on new and existing infrastructure, provide authoritative advice on security strategies and projects for ICT architecture to manage the identified risk, recommend and implement appropriate corrective actions for ICT security incidents and breaches.
- Manage incident response planning and coordinate ICT security activities including intrusion prevention and detection systems, border and gateway security, incident assessment and investigation and reporting on serious ICT security breaches, ensuring all identified breaches in security are promptly and thoroughly investigated.
- Manage a team that addresses security risks through an effective vulnerability management program and undertake regular security audits and respond where required, reporting security threat assessment status to Director, Platform Operations Group.
This is initially a 2 month contract + possible extension, based in Brisbane's CBD.
To express your interest, click the 'Apply' button now or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. Alternatively, call 07 3221 3333 for more information.