- Competitive rate on offer!
- Job Type
- Calvin Ebenezer
- 7 days ago
Data Warehouse / Oracle Databases Administrator
Darwin based role
Our client a Government Agency in Darwin is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator for a 24 month contract. The Oracle Database Administrator will provide support for the Data Warehouse Oracle environment which include but are not limited to project databases, production databases, disaster recovery and non-production database.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide database administration for all Data Warehouse Oracle databases which includes Project database, Non-Production databases, Production databases and Disaster Recovery databases
- Liaise with vendors, agents and service providers with respect to any technical support issues.
- Log, diagnose, report and resolve database faults.
- Proactively monitor the health of the databases to prevent incidents and problems, and advise the system owner of any action required.
- Comply with System Owner and service provider test plans.
- Manage and take ownership of the technical, operation and procedures manual.
- Assume responsibility for capacity planning and performance monitoring in consultation with the system owner and other service providers.
- Undertake the management of software libraries and ensure that the most up to date security/vulnerability patches have been applied.
- Undertake configuration management.
- Develop and undertake backup and restoration regime management, including scheduling and ongoing verification.
- Develop and implement archive regimes in consultation with the Data Warehouse Manager.
- Develop, implement and manage Oracle Replication Services using Active Data Guard.
- Lead planning, implementation and management of upgrades; including upgrades to new releases, patch and application installation/testing, and migration to new hardware.
- Creation of new database environments as and when required which includes the creation of tables, schemas and indexes and constraints.
- Manage database change control activities.
- Manage the database release notes, database installation procedures and change control documentation.
- Identify and report on performance bottlenecks.
- Provide on demand support and advice to Data Warehouse staff on the Oracle environment, which may include but is not limited to:
- Restoration of data from backups
- Creation and updates to Oracle roles and users accounts
- Moving data between database environments using Oracle datapump
For more information on the role and a details job description apply online or call us on 08 82281560.