NSW Government Organisation
6 months contract with a view to extend
Talent International is working in partnership with a government organisation in assisting in sourcing an Oracle Database Administrator on a contract based in Sydney.
- Accredited industry certifications in Oracle Database Administration (v10, v11, v12), or a minimum of 5 years industry experience in an Oracle Database Administration role.
- Experience with Backup & Restoration technologies, such as Symantec Backup Exec, HP Data Protector &Actifio.
- Experience in virtualisation technologies in relation to the hosting of database systems, VMware 5.5 & 6.0, and Hyper-V.
- Previous experience in SQL, Unix, Linux & Windows Server, including scripting, system installation, tuning, troubleshooting, patching & upgrading is an advantage.
- A thorough understanding of the issues and limitations of working in a critical 24x7 availability environment.
- High level communication & effective decision making skills and the ability to solve complex operational problems and implement solutions in a high availability environments.
- Ability to be available for on-call support, to work varying shifts and occasional overtime. Occasional travelintrastate to perform support duties may be required.