You will be responsible for;
With a focus on P25 and the transition from existing analogue Digital Radio Systems (DRS):
- Demonstrate a strong health and safety culture within the team
- Provide technical and system integration expertise and leadership during design, procurement, testing, commissioning and migration project phases.
- Anticipate and resolve technical issues.
- Deliver and influence P25 concept designs and internal high level designs, working closely with the vendor
- Act as the technical expert advising the Project manager including providing technical input to scopes of work
- Complete technical governance reviews to ensure compliance with the scope of work, Client technology specifications and cyber security standards
- Assist and oversee the vendor to develop test, transition and implementation strategies and procedures, including technical review and approval.
- Witness on and offsite testing and commissioning on behalf of the owners' team
- Identify and evaluate value optimisation activities to reduce risk, costs or add value.
- Provide input to internal study work documents - e.g. study work plans, study chapter reports, engineering plans, engineering estimates and schedules.
- Previous experience as a senior engineer delivering P25 projects
- Deep technical understanding of P25 technology and associated networking, including project implementation stages and planning
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Able to liaise with, influence and build good working relationships with internal stakeholders and vendors
- Self-starter, proactive, flexible, thorough, high attention to detail, team player, strong work ethic
- Highly regarded- Specific knowledge of Motorola ASTRO25 digital trunked radio (GTR8000, M3 core) and legacy
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com