- Conducting planning conversations with participants over the phone or in person by utilising internal frameworks to guide the process.
- Gathering appropriate information from participants and planning partners to determine funded supports in accordance with the NDIS Act 2013.
- Responding to enquiries received by the Agency via email; phone or in person.
- Providing participants and representatives with information and support to identify their goals and aspirations.
- Working with participants and their representatives to identify informal, mainstream and community support options to achieve plan outcomes.
- Determining funded supports to be included in participant plans to complement informal and formal supports as per Agency planning processes.
- Determining the management of funded supports in accordance with the NDIS Act 2013 and relevant operational guidelines.
- Ensuring participant and plan information is reflects NDIA support packages.
- Applying critical analysis of system generated support packages to ensure funded supports are compliant with S34 of the NDIS Act 2013 and plans approved are within relevant delegated authority.
- Liaising and working cooperatively with planning partners and external providers to ensure successful implementation of the plan;
- Completing administrative adjustments to reflect a change in circumstances for participants and where plan remediation is required.
- Contacting participants / providers for information as required / relevant to the planning process / plan implementation.
- Contributing to the management of workflow into and out of the Agency in collaboration with ECEI / LAC partners.
- Complete general plan reviews.
- Implementing and communicating plan extensions (if required); and
- Ensuring high quality record keeping, including competency with IT systems.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in disability.
- Relevant qualifications in human services, allied health, disability is desirable but not essential.
- Relevant experience or knowledge of an insurance industry is desirable but not essential.
- Have the ability to handle sensitive conversations where many factors need to be balanced to understand how disability impacts on daily living, assess support needs where necessary, and identify when the individual would benefit from early intervention.
If you can demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.