- Edinburgh Park location
- Defence role (requires current NV1 clearance)
- Large program, high possibilities of extensions
Our client is a defence organisation currently looking for an experienced PMO Manager in 1-year initial contract. The PMO Manager is primarily responsible for the development, implementation, and governance of the Project Management Office (PMO) and management of the PMO team.
- Manage the PMO and work with the stakeholders to establish and implement an effective Project governance framework encompassing:
Risk, Issue and Change Management
Project Reporting review and improvement
Best practice guidance, process, tools and templates
Quality Assurance and Process Improvement
- Drive continual improvements into the PMO program and ensure industry best practices, standards and defence guidelines are leveraged and implemented;
- Lead and mentor the PMO team including performance management, career growth and development to deliver a high-performing responsive team;
- Manage the coordination of all reporting responsibilities including the development of project reports and metrics, including updates to Government.
- Mandated reporting includes Monthly Reporting System, Bi-monthly briefs, Quarterly Performance Reports, Senate Estimates brief and Ministerial Question Briefs.
- Assist in the coordination of draft responses to internal and external media announcements as required.
- Work with the Risk Manager and the project leadership and Risk teams to ensure all project risks and issues are captured, assessed and managed appropriately to avoid or minimise impacts;
- Work with the project manager and scheduler to ensure all inter-project dependencies are listed and linked in the master schedule in order to proactively manage dependencies and provide accurate delivery timelines;
- Facilitate project health checks and Project Quality Assurance reviews as required, providing recommendations for ongoing improvements;
- Support the review and governance of Contractor and Commonwealth project and program reporting to ensure they meet stakeholder, Program and contractual requirements;
- Responsible for governance and review of Project performance measures, earned value and other project management data required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience leading or working within a Program PMO (preferably defence).
- Demonstrated experience leading/managing a PMO and experience in establishing or maturing a PMO.
- A strong background and experience in large and complex programs
- Significant experience within the PM domain, with proven capability in a variety of roles at a senior level, underpinned by appropriate qualifications and professional accreditation(s).
- Well-developed understanding of contemporary PM methodologies coupled with a proven understanding of Earned Value Management, Project Controls, Scheduling and Risk Management.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels and across the customer/contractor boundaries.
- Well-developed leadership capabilities including the proven ability to motivate, influence, develop and mentor others.
- Advanced skillsets in Executive Level Project Reporting and a thorough understanding of Project Financial Management.
- Australian Defence Security Clearance (NV1)
Good to have:
- Experience in a consulting or an Above the Line (ATL) contracting role.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Visio and Project.
- Experience with or understanding of CASG/Defence Project Management and PMO environments.
If this role is of your interest, please submit your CV by clicking the "Apply for this job" button.