- New South Wales
- Pay Rate- $50 per hour + superannuation
- Job Type
- Jessica Abboud
- 16 days ago
Primary purpose of the role:
Conducts research and analysis in order to provide strategic policy advice and support to the Small Business Commissioner.
- Assist the team in the planning and delivery of a range of policy related projects and initiatives by providing project support to facilitate the timely delivery of policy objectives.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to provide and receive advice in relation to current and emerging issues affecting small businesses.
- Undertake research and analysis activities to contribute to the provision of advice on policy positions and issues.
- Respond to queries and complaints from small businesses about their dealings with government or other businesses through making appropriate enquiries and representations to government agencies on their behalf.
- Provide information for and contribute to the preparation of correspondence, reports, briefings, cabinet advice, speaking notes and presentations for the Commissioner and executives.
- Previous policy / project experience, preferable in the public sector
- Excellent attention to detail, especially when ensuring the accuracy of information and timeliness of advice used to support the advocacy role and appropriately consider the political environment and whole-of-government positions when drafting advice.
- Excellent time management skills - Balancing a range of projects and tasks of varying size and complexity with competing priorities to ensure that agreed standards and deadlines are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communictaion skills
- Tertiary qualifications in public policy, business or a related discipline or equivalent experience.