- Daily rate
- Job Type
- Julie Starcevic
- 8 months ago
Our client is looking for a PostgreSQL Design and Engineering Specialist to join the team working to support the design and build of Australia's largest payments transformation program underpinning our welfare system. This role is critical to the success of an ECE project which is being rolled out and will see you working alongside the Infrastructure team to upskill existing resources and lead the transition to support.
You will be working within an OpenShift containerised environment to:
- Design and build highly available multi-site PostgreSQL platforms.
- Mentor and lead the upskilling of the DBA team in relation to PostgreSQL solution implementation and transition to support.
- Ensure all project NFR's are accommodated within the PostgreSQL designs.
- Work collaboratively with the Program team, Solutions Integrator, and departments SME's to deliver even tier landscape from development to production.
Key Selection criteria
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience as a DBA working within a large and complex enterprise environment.
- Experience as an Infrastructure/Database Designer including High Availability Database Designs.
- Experience in designing, building and managing multi-site PostgreSQL solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in PostgreSQL design and deployments.
- Experience designing and building HA Database platforms to support critical business systems.
- Experience working with containerised environments, preferably Redhat Openshift.
- Well-developed communication skills with an ability to mentor existing DBA's.
For more information on the role, please email your queries to:
Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org | 9236 7751