Primary purpose of the role:
The Principal Project Officer leads and manages strategic and operational projects to meet the objectives of the Health and Social Policy Branch.
- Leading and managing the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of critical and highly complex projects.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across other government agencies and the non-government sector through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to facilitate successful delivery of projects.
- Leading all aspects of key projects including preparing business cases and project plans, developing operational guidelines, identifying and allocating resources, developing and managing budgets, and meeting reporting requirements to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope.
- Providing sound information and advice to the relevant Director, the Senior Executive and related government agencies to ensure issues are satisfactorily resolved or addressed.
- Preparing high quality written documents to inform and/or respond to agency or Government requests.
- Previous Experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse stakeholders to deliver projects that address complex policy or service delivery problems.
- Demonstrated extensive skills and experience in managing all stages of the project and policy cycle (planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent professional experience.
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.