The successful candidate will be required to execute rail sourcing projects, manage supplier relationships and gather key market trends and intelligence in relation to rail products and services. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a partnership mindset, coupled with credible procurement/category management background experience and has an appetite to add value by improving the competitive and constant supply of goods/services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and deliver sourcing programs for rail commodities
- Conduct bid analysis and prepare and present business cases for recommendation
- Negotiate, execute, implement and manage contracts
- Build a strong understanding of internal needs and external dynamics to formulate sourcing strategies
- Build and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Identifying opportunities and proposing new procurement initiatives
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in providing procurement services
- Knowledge and ability to write and execute contracts
- Excellent supplier relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to solve problems
- Sound negotiation skills
- Prior experience in the mining industry (Desirable)
- Prior experience working with rail networks (Desirable)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Commerce, Engineering or similar)
The successful candidate will demonstrate the need for a strong attention to detail and commercial experience operating in large scale dynamic organisations. If you enjoy work working in a fast paced environment and have the ability to play a fundamental role by being results driven this role will have an immediate appeal!
If you match the selection criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please forward your updated CV to Murray Williamson by selecting the "Apply" button. For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com.au. For further enquires please call 9221 3300 for a confidential chat with Murray Williamson or Linda Mackin Brown.