This role will deliver programs that address chronic waste management problems i.e bin storage issues and illegal dumping. It requires someone with strong customer service, project management and engagement skills.
- Develop, implement and evaluate innovative waste and resource recovery programs and projects aimed at community education and engagement in line with the organisaions Waste Strategy.
- Deliver high quality customer service and proactively solve customer enquiries and requests ensuring the highest professional standard of advice and technical expertise are provided to internal and external customers.
- Review and provide advice on waste management plans for development applications in line with the City's planning and waste policies and strategies.
- Provide high quality program and project management, ensuring timely delivery of tailored solution, data analysis and report on outcomes.
- Deliver high quality written reports, communications, education and presentations to a range of stakeholders.
- Contribute to budget management and expenditure accountability in accordance with the organisations financial management procedures and policies.
- Work effectively as part of the team and independently. Proactively communicate with manager/team to agree project deliverables, timeframes and budgets and to report regularly on the projects' status.
- Undertake other duties as required by management.
- Comply with and keep abreast of relevant legislation and developments in the waste management industry applicable to the performance of the duties of this position
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainability, environmental management or related field and extensive demonstrated relevant knowledge and experience.
- In depth understanding of resource recovery and strategies required to address waste management issues in multi-unit dwellings, high-density housing and/or residential communities.
- Highly-developed project management skills and demonstrated experience in delivering, implementing and evaluating behaviour change projects within time and budget that achieved measureable results.
- Demonstrated experience at working with and fostering relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and ability to liaise, negotiate and effectively resolve conflicts and reconcile competing interests.
- Excellent customer service skills and strength of character to deal effectively with difficult customers.
- Ability to carry out physical activities and/or bin deliveries as needed.
- Hold a current NSW Drivers License
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.