- New South Wales
- $40-50 per hour plus superannuation
- Job Type
- Jessica Abboud
- 28 days ago
This role will deliver programs that address chronic waste management problems i.e bin storage issues and illegal dumping. It requires someone with strong customer service, project management and engagement skills.
- Develop, implement and evaluate innovative waste and resource recovery programs and projects aimed at community education and engagement in line with the organisaions Waste Strategy.
- Deliver high quality customer service and proactively solve customer enquiries and requests ensuring the highest professional standard of advice and technical expertise are provided to internal and external customers.
- Review and provide advice on waste management plans for development applications in line with the City's planning and waste policies and strategies.
- Provide high quality program and project management, ensuring timely delivery of tailored solution, data analysis and report on outcomes.
- Deliver high quality written reports, communications, education and presentations to a range of stakeholders.
- Contribute to budget management and expenditure accountability in accordance with the organisations financial management procedures and policies.
- Work effectively as part of the team and independently. Proactively communicate with manager/team to agree project deliverables, timeframes and budgets and to report regularly on the projects' status.
- Undertake other duties as required by management.
- Comply with and keep abreast of relevant legislation and developments in the waste management industry applicable to the performance of the duties of this position
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainability, environmental management or related field and extensive demonstrated relevant knowledge and experience.
- In depth understanding of resource recovery and strategies required to address waste management issues in multi-unit dwellings, high-density housing and/or residential communities.
- Highly-developed project management skills and demonstrated experience in delivering, implementing and evaluating behaviour change projects within time and budget that achieved measureable results.
- Demonstrated experience at working with and fostering relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and ability to liaise, negotiate and effectively resolve conflicts and reconcile competing interests.
- Excellent customer service skills and strength of character to deal effectively with difficult customers.
- Ability to carry out physical activities and/or bin deliveries as needed.
- Hold a current NSW Drivers License
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.