- Market rate
- Job Type
- Danielle Wren
- 19 days ago
We are seeking a talented Program Scheduler who has project management skills to join a large government division.
As the Principal Program Scheduler your primary role will be to deliver effective planning and scheduling rigour for the Program of Work.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide expert advice on project scheduling practice, techniques, strategies, and methodologies.
- Develop and/or enhance project schedules for large, critical and high risk ICT and business change projects ensuring they align with strategic objectives and current best practice.
- Manage the program and individual project schedules.
- Prepare schedules and reporting activities for the program and projects within timeframes.
- Track, monitor and ensure optimisation of task delivery and resource utilisation, scheduling conflicts are avoided.
- Prepare heat maps to assist Agencies and Project Managers to determine Program and Project level resource conflicts.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships by communicating, consulting and negotiating with clients, consultants, contractors and other key stakeholders to ensure the achievement of your project's outcomes
- Ensure adherence to program objectives and governance practices including change management.
- Undertake project management activities to support the Program Director and Principal Project Managers as required.
- Expertise in program scheduling including identifying and managing risks, issues, business impacts and interdependencies.
- Success in leading high-profile, complex technology integration projects and/or programs involving business or financial management systems.
- Stakeholder engagement skills including strong consultation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Skills in use of scheduling tools/software (such as Microsoft Project) to schedule, track and produce reports.Project management skills and applying project management methods (such as PRINCE2)