- Job Type
- Manisha Bakhru
- 9 months ago
NSW Government Organisation
6 months contract with a view to extend
Chatswood/Macquarie Park Location
Talent International is working in partnership with a government organisation in assisting in sourcing a Project Cost Controller on a contract based in Sydney.
* Ensure that financial policies, procedures and internal controls are effectively implemented and a robust financial control environment is in place consistent with PMO standards and other programs.
· Be the lead for project/ program cost attribution with regard to month-end financial close processes, timely invoice processing and raising, accruals and cost transfers, monitoring and reviewing aged
accruals, monthly financial performance monitoring/reporting, undertaking variance analysis (actual vs. planned) and advising project/program leads on financial risks and appropriate resolution.
· Manage interagency certification of accruals and invoices working in partnership with the Finance & Commercial and colleagues in other areas of the Cluster, ensuring accounting entries are backed by suitable working papers which meet the requirements of accounting standards, NSW policies, circulars and directions.
· Ensure alignment of budget, commitment and cost, respecting business rules in relation to financial data validation, monitoring that all payments relate to properly approved contracts and variations following financial delegations and project/program governance structures.
· Provide financial advice in relation to contract management, including the management of variations, contractor certificates of currency, and invoice disputes, including but not limited to the review and maintenance of budget alignment and set up/vary commitment levels to ensure sufficiency to maintain timely supplier payments.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application in Word format only to Manisha Bakhru at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below.