The PMO are seeking a senior portfolio specialist that has a proven track record to model and roll out an estimation framework to accurately estimate the cost, effort and duration of new projects. The ideal candidate would have substantial and broad ICT knowledge and skills and be willing to roll up their sleeves to implement such a framework in a short period of time.
- Review current estimating practices, feedback and observations
- Interview key stakeholders (Business Engagement Managers, Senior Delivery Managers, Architecture Consultant, Financial Consultant, PMO Manager)
- Prepare a high-level approach with activities
- Implement immediate actions to reduce the time, effort and cost of doing estimations during September to November 2019
- Concurrently create and deploy a new estimation model that supports both the planned and unplanned ICT initiatives within the ICT portfolio at Council including the required supporting process, documentation and identification of source data, ownership, support and maintenance
- Provide a framework to review the lifecycle of the estimate, identifying any variance to actual with a view of informing and improving future estimations.
- If time permits, prepare requirements for suitable software to support the estimation process. (to be confirmed based on time and priority)
- Perform knowledge transfer and handover to 2 PMO staff members
- Step 1 - Improve basic information and streamline workshops
- Step 2 - Implementation of the estimation model
- Step 3 - Deliver an estimation framework for continuous improvement
- 10+ years ICT Project Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate, strategic and professional advice when undertaking project estimation activities, including the use of estimation tools and techniques.
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to drive outcomes from workshops.
- Excellent negotiation, consultation, influencing, collaboration and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to lead and clearly communicate to diverse stakeholder groups to deliver outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a small group environment
- Substantial skill in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to provide knowledge transfer in the form of meetings, documentation and instructions.