- Market Rates
- Job Type
- Danielle Wren
- about 1 month ago
About the company
Our client is a major player in the Australian energy sector, selling electricity into the National Electricity Market (NEM) and to large commercial and industrial customers in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory.
About the role
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a large energy trading system project.
- Work closely with Supplier Project Managers to monitor progress to plan, understand dependencies, monitor expenditure and recommend corrective action where appropriate
- Overall project management and contract management of the Supplier selected to deliver designated projects.
- Engage with ICT teams and Subject Matter Leads during all phases of the project.
- Work with Subject Matter Leads to develop plans to transition project outcomes.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in financial derivative, energy industry and commodity trading organizations.
- Agile certification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience in IT project management roles.
- Pragmatic application of project life cycle processes, methodologies and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining the integrity of a project's business case and plans (project plan, stage plan, procurement plan, change management plan and benefits realisation plan).
- Experience in managing a cross-functional technical team
- Experience with sourcing, contract negotiation and contract management.
- Demonstrated experience working with a mix of stakeholders including executives, users, suppliers, external commercial advisors and internal support services (Project Management Office, Procurement, HR, Communcations and Legal).
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com