- Competitive Market Rates
- Job Type
- Rory Danagher
- about 1 month ago
- Application Upgrade Project
- Competitive Rates
- Large Government Department
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning and managing the SAP S/4HANA application upgrade project from 1709 to 1909. The initial phase of work will be to scope the system impacts of the technical upgrade and develop the project and solution planning products to inform the client's management of the scope, resources, schedule and cost to deliver the upgrade. If required the project manager will lead development of a business case to seek additional funding for the project.
The focus will be a technical upgrade but there will be some functional changes where unavoidable or otherwise beneficial. The upgrade includes the SAP S/4HANA core as well as OpenText/Vendor Invoice Management (VIM), Process Orchestration (PO), Master Data Governance (MDG) and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC).
- Oversee and manage the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex project(s) in line with Client's project management methodologies.
- Promote and ensure the use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools, including benefits realisation and risk and issue management, to ensure quality project outcomes are delivered.
- Oversee and manage the monitoring, controlling and reporting of project related trends and performance against project plans, deliverables and schedules.
- Initiate, influence and maintain relationships with and between key internal and external stakeholders, facilitate effective communication channels to promote the successful adoption of change within the business and foster relationships through lessons learned, feedback mechanisms and management of expectations.
- Manage capability and resource development by leading and mentoring multidisciplinary team(s).
- Multi-tasking, prioritising, communicating and organizing activities in a virtual environment to achieve project milestones
- Provide advice to define technology roadmaps and solutions
- Managing teams that are integrating other applications into S/4HANA
- A good balance of SAP technical and functional project management experience, project management methodology (PRINCE2 in SAP projects preferred) change management (ICT related), and relational skills ―the weighting of assessment criteria reflects this expectation
- The candidate will ideally have led SAP product suite upgrades - S/4HANA experience preferred. It is anticipated that candidates would have a minimum of 7 to 10 years' experience in project management and SAP-related roles.
- Experience in developing business cases and PRINCE2 products for SAP projects, including tailoring methodologies to establish the project management environment unique.
- At least 3 to 4 Full Lifecycle SAP Implementations ideally with expertise in supply chain and financial modules
- Proven experience in the delivery of large and complex SAP based projects, preferably in the health care industry
- A relevant qualification and/or accreditation in the PRINCE2, MSP, ITIL framework, Agile or SAFE would be well regarded as well as experience using the SAP Activate methodology.
- Complex Government project environments
- Working with/within the healthcare services sector
- SAP S/4HANA.
- Solution Manager experience