- NSW Government Client
- Contract until the end of June 2018 with strong possible extension
- Sydney CBD Location
- Competitive Daily Rates
Talent International is working in partnership with a large government organisation to assist in sourcing a "Junior Project Manager' reporting to the Project Director, this role will initially manage the construction phase of learning facilities. This position will require some travel across NSW.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the Project Director in managing the delivery of projects from development approval to completion and handover.
- Procurement of consultants, building contractors and client supplied items.
- Management of design consultants, external project managers, and building contractors.
- Monitoring of the construction work, attending site meetings and obtaining regular reports from builders, consultants, and the client.
- Contract administration, including progress claims and payments, and the resolution of requests for information, variations, an extension of time claims and other contractual administrative matters.
- Identify risks (including legal and compliance issues), analyse their impact and implementing strategies and contingencies to manage risks associated with works project.
- Manage to report to track all areas of project delivery including quality, time, cost, etc ensuring compliance with OH&S, client's objectives in the delivery of services to the client;
- Liaise with the client ICT department to coordinate the procurement and installation of AV and IT equipment and infrastructure to meet the delivery program; and
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration, including financial / budget management and reporting
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with conflict and negotiate solutions.
- Ability to prepare correspondence and reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines in a busy organisation.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint).
If you would be interested in this role please submit your application in Word format only by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below or firstname.lastname@example.org.