An assessment of the current state of the IS&T operating model with particular focus on outsourced services has been conducted. The outcome of the assessment was a sourcing strategy that has made recommendations in relation to how IT related services should be sourced in the future and how the operating model will evolve to achieve operational excellence, ensure value is derived from its outsourcing partners and to support a shift to digital.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and closing of any project and accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives.
- Manage relationship with customers, vendors, prime contractors, sub-contractors and other relevant parties, by acting as the central point of contact within assigned projects, and by providing necessary direction to all parties;
- Create delivery group structures, project initiation documentation (project plans, product breakdown structures and product flow diagrams) ensuring satisfactory project progress and appropriate consumption of project resources;
- Participate in outlining the products to be produced during workshops and ensure that members of the group work closely with the other workshop participants;
- Responsible for all of the project management deliverables;
- Preparation and maintenance of appropriate project documentation in accordance with the requirements of the Project Management Methodology and contractual obligations, including the project initiation documentation;
- Ensure solution is delivered on time and budget
- Demonstrated 5+ Years of Project Management experience on projects
- PMBOK/Prince2 or PMP Certification/Experience
- Mining Systems & Infrastructure Implementation experience - highly regarded
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and reporting skills
- Solid understanding of the systems development and support lifecycle
- Extensive experience delivering projects in a multi-vendor environment
- Ability to use influence and relationships to work with other (third party) teams
- Ability to work in complex organization environments (ie matrix) and with remote teams
- Ability to plan work to meet deadlines
- Conflict resolution
- Facilitation skills
- Logical and structured decision making
- A keen focus on minimising the impacts that a technology project can have on the end user experience
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple projects at one time
If you would like to know about the role click the 'Apply' button now. Alternatively, contact Danielle Wren or Matt Brearley on 07 3221 3333.