- $110 - $125 per hour
- Job Type
- Lauren Fyfe
- 4 days ago
- September 2020 initial contract
- Australian citizenship a must - clearance is ideal
- Working on a large Data Project
About the Organisation:
Our client is a CBD-based government department with a number of high-profile projects that require multiple resources to support the delivery of new functionality and upgrades to corporate systems to ensure sustainability. These systems will enable our client to efficiently develop and implement national policies, programs and initiatives to support and educate all Australians.
About the Project:
This role represents an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join a multidisciplinary team. You will work to deliver a new web based Tertiary Provider Tool that will help tertiary providers to design courses that align to labour market needs and improve graduate outcomes.
This tool is part of a large Data Infrastructure Project. It will change the way governments, employers, education providers and individuals think about how education and training relates to job outcomes. The Machine Learning team works across the branches and departments to deepen the understanding of how big data can answer real world questions.
- Manage a complex and multifaceted IT project using the Agile method;
- Establish prioritisation and scheduling of interrelated work items within and between the sub-projects.
- Coordinate multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate with external consultants to manage stakeholder engagement activities;
- Coordinate with external consultants to ensure the delivery of quality products that are aligned with the policy scope and expectations;
- Assure appropriate documentation and records management;
- Record issues, risks and change management with formal plans;
- Monitor issues and their resolution/escalation;
- Where appropriate, assure compliance with departmental and Digital Transformation Agency user centric processes and guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and multifaceted IT projects using the Agile method.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with external consultants for project delivery.
- Proven ability in ensuring projects meet deadlines.
- Experience working in the education sector.
- Experience managing Machine Learning projects.
- Experience using Azure DevOps for Agile Methodology.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Talent Canberra on 02 6285 3500 or click the "APPLY NOW' button below.