This is a contract position initially until the 16th of August + possible extensions.
Working in a flexible team environment, this role is expected to work closely with members of the Digital Services management team and to take on other responsibilities according to the evolving needs of the Risk and Intelligence Group.
- Develop, manage, monitor and analyse the financial budget for the divisions cost centre and projects ensuring allocation of expenses in line with projected cash flow forecasts, identifying discrepancies and recommending remedies.
- Continuously analyse the Digital Services financial position and provide advice and recommendations for additional expenditure and amendments to the forecasted budget.
- Prepare monthly budget monitoring reports and provide explanations of discrepancies.
- Coordinate and collate financial responses from branch management to provide effective reporting to Finance Branch.
- Work collaboratively with branch management to identify accrual expenditure and revenue and ensure compliance with legislative requirements to enable efficient and effective achievement of branch objectives.
- Ensure quality and assurance of all invoices received and process them in a timely manner and reported in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of financial component of business cases and associated funding submissions.
- Assist and manage the invoicing process including late payments.
- Assist with finance and procurement administrative tasks like updating the tracking databases.
- Analyse and distribute fortnightly HR and payroll reports to branch management.
- Manage the reporting function in relation to audit report outcomes for the Branch.
- Proactively employ continuous improvement methods and feedback outcomes, learnings and recommendations to improve performance..
- Develop and maintain an effective network of internal and external stakeholders and provide a high standard of service to clients.