Our highly valued client - a federal government agency is mobilizing a large workforce to deliver a major market transformation.
We are seeking a Project Officer (APS5 Level) for an initial term through to 30 June 2020 with options to extend.
With a flexible work policy, this challenging position can be based in either Melbourne CBD or Geelong.
The position will be based in the State Relations Branch which is responsible for managing relationships with the State and Territory Governments which work in partnership with the Agency to deliver the NDIS.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Build and nurture relationships internally within the Agency and externally with State and Territory Governments
- Develop briefing materials to support the Agency Exec's at government forums
- Build governance and improve processes
- Manage the register of actions, risks, and issues arising from intra-government and trilateral forums
- Provide administrative and business support for the State Relations Branch
- Attend internal and external meetings and forums representing State Relation
- Maintain stakeholder relationships
- Resolve complex, difficult or sensitive human resource issues
Skills and experience
- Previous experience as a Project Officer Co-ordinator/Administrator within a government context (State or Federal)
- Outstanding Executive level stakeholder engagement - this role will involve attendance at intra-government forums and involve working with the Agency Executive, Board and Ministers.
- Extensive experience writing ministerial or government briefs and reports
- Understanding of the NDIS and disability sector
Please note that federal background checks will need to be undertaken as a condition of employment.
Apply today, or call Kylie.McManus on (03) 9236 7725 to discuss this opportunity.
Application closing date: Thursday 7th November