Primary purpose of the role
The primary purpose of the role is to provide general project support to a nominated team or project within the
Sydney Metro Delivery Office.The role prepares and coordinates meeting documentation, drafts and reviews correspondence, monitors ongoing costs and commitments, responds to requests for information, compiles and prepares reports and briefing notes, maintains general administrative functions including diary management and manages a fully integrated records management system.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for theorganisation and customers
- Edit, format, compile and coordinate and track input for, and assist in the preparation of high quality correspondence, submissions, briefing notes, and project related documentation and presentations to support project/team activities
- Provide financial services including administering budget expenditure, monitoring purchasing activities, reconciling accounts and maintaining summary databases in line with best financial and audit practice
- Undertake diverse administrative processes including collecting, collating and reconciling personnel timesheets, overtime approvals and attendance records, creating, managing and maintaining project registers, databases, electronic files and records to ensure compliance with government documentmanagement policy
- Organise committees and meetings, prepare and submit agendas, minutes and briefing papers, and periodically follow up on the status of actions arising from these meetings to support project/team operations
- Raise purchase order requests for goods and services, process invoices for payments and liaise with contractors and suppliers to organise the provision of goods and services and the maintenance of stores and equipment
- Relevant qualifications in secretarial/personal assistant studies, office/business administration, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience resolving issues and problems including conflicting requests that require interpretation and planning to ensure best outcomes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Available immediately to interview and to commence.