- Government Organisation
- Job Type
- Michael Tran
- 4 days ago
You will be providing advanced specialist technical development skills to develop new and upgrade exisiting development operations, continuous deployment, ETL and other data management tools in the area of spatial data management.
- Demonstrated experience with both Python 2.x and Python 3.x including migrations between versions
- Demonstrated experience designing, maintaining and building modular, reusable open source Python libraries
- Knowledge of containerized application development and deployment
- Provide specialist technical skills for the development of continuous deployment, containerized applications, and ETL tools through the use of common industry programming languages/technologies (primarily Python). These skills will be used predominantly across on-premises and cloud spatial data management environments
- Provide robust and well developed software and DevOps development skills
- Working knowledge of spatial data and web services concepts and software
- Work independently and/or within a team environment by interacting with staff and/or contractors on a project basis to ensure that objectives are completed in a timely, appropriate and effective manner
- ERSI system and API knowledge across database and web services (Python, .NET Server Object Extensions, Node and React)
- Familiarity with integration of spatial technologies into business and open data systems
- Sound understanding of modern development operations practices, such as continuous deployment and associated tooling
- Demonstrated practical experience in the programming and maintenance of web-based and modern object-oriented software.
- Demonstrates practical experience in the operation of GIS-based software including data manipulation, programming and cartography.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with a range of GIS users from expert to novice.
- Demonstrates analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates communication (written and verbal) liaison and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience is the development of continuous deployment, ETL and other data management tools with proven skills in the following:Python 2.x and 3.x
- Containerized application development and deployment
- Software and DevOps development
- Open source Python libraries
- Solution Architecture
- System Architecture
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Requirements Analysis
- Database Design
- Software Engineering
- Spatial data and web services concepts and software
- Cloud spatial data management
To find out more, please "Apply for this job" or contact Michael Tran or Matt Brearley on 07 3221 3333.
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com