- $60 - $71 per hour
- Job Type
- Lauren Fyfe
- 9 days ago
- June 2020 initial contract
- Maximum $71.00 per hour
- Coordinate ministerial requests and support formal parliamentary activity
About the role:
You will be responsible for coordinating formal ministerial requests (such as correspondence, briefs and submissions) and supporting formal parliamentary activity, including Senate Estimates, Question Time and parliamentary committee inquiries.
You will provide a direct support to both ministerial offices in relation to informal and ad hoc requests for information on processes and specific participant and provider complaints.
The program is responsible for supporting the organisation's relationship with federal, state and territory parliamentarians. The area provides an avenue for parliamentarians to raise constituent concerns with the organisation and also undertakes regular engagement activities with local electorate offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proofing and editing ministerial correspondence, submissions and briefs prior to ministerial consideration to ensure they meet ministerial requirements for style, preferences and content;
- Monitoring, collating, reporting and communicating feedback from the quality assurance process to drafting and clearing officers to build the organisation's ministerial writing capability; and
- Contributing to the development and delivery of ministerial and parliamentary training sessions to staff nationally.
- Extensive experience in a Commonwealth agency environment and a deep understanding of the role and expectations of ministers and their offices
- Demonstrated experience in preparing complex briefing material and correspondence for ministerial consideration, including the ability to proof, edit, draw strategic links and recognise risk, with a focus on narrative and empathy, and awareness of cultural and disability contexts
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and deliver feedback in a targeted and constructive manner
- Experience in delivering training in individual or group settings to build agency capability
- Availability to travel interstate, as required
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Lauren Fyfe on 02 6285 3500 or click the "APPLY NOW' button below.