Purpose of the Position:
To process workers compensation and recover at work documentation and coordinate and Implement recover at work policies, procedures and programs to facilitate the recovery of injured staff. This key role will provide technical advice and apply best practice interventions in case management to minimise lost working time and support business objectives. Other recover at work and workplace safety related duties as directed by the Workers Compensation Manager or Chief Risk and Safety Officer.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement workplace policies, procedures and Recover At Work programs to facilitate the recovery and subsequent return to work of injured employees;
- Participate in case management and case reviews with the TMF Claims Manager;
- Maintain regular contact with recovering employees and ensure employees are aware of their legislative entitlements and responsibilities in relation to Recover At Work programs;
- Maintain confidential recover at work documentation and ensure that written consent is obtained to release information;
- Establish and maintain appropriate networks with the TMF Claims Manager, treating doctors, and rehabilitation providers and provide advice to managers, supervisors and other relevant parties about the process of a recovery at work;
- Determine and make referrals to rehabilitation providers in consultation with the Workers Compensation Manager;
- Review and report upon the quality and cost-effectiveness of interventions from rehabilitation providers;
- Review outstanding cases on a fortnightly and monthly basis, and participate in quarterly claims reviews with the TMF Claims Manager;
- Maintain a Recover At Work database to ensure all relevant documentation relating to an injured employee is up to date, correct and secure;
- Extract relevant information from the Recover At Work database to provide updates on case management and claims status when required;
- Assist in promoting recovery at work to managers and supervisors and attend Sector and Divisional meetings where required;
- Maintain knowledge of best practice in recover at work services;
- Manage, monitor and report on key performance indicators as they relate to the position;
- Other Recover At Work and Workplace Safety related duties as directed by the Workers
- Compensation Manager or Chief Risk and Safety Officer.
- Support core NSW public sector values of integrity, trust, service and accountability. You also agree to abide by the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002, the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the NSW Ambulance Code of Conduct.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in implementation of the requirements of the NSW
- Workers Compensation Act 1987, NSW Workplace Injury Management and Workers
- Compensation Act 1998 and regulations, including the role of the Treasury Managed Fund, and awareness of the various Paramedic Insurance Awards.
- Proven understanding and experience in case management practices and principles.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating recover at work and workers compensation policies, procedures, programs and interventions.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team providing an integrated WHS, workers compensation and recover at work service.
- Qualifications or related experience in, or knowledge of allied health initiatives in relation to injury management and return to work, including SafeWork accreditation as a Return to Work Coordinator.
- Ability to use information technology for Recover At Work case management and review.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility and congeniality in a high volume work environment and proven analytical and problem solving skills.