- New South Wales
- Daily Rate- $500- 600 Per day plus superannuation
- Job Type
- Jessica Abboud
- 16 days ago
The Rehabilitation Consultant will be managing a high-risk area of the business that has recently experienced a significant increase in psychological workers compensation claims. Some of the claims the Rehabilitation Consultant will be managing have grievances attached to them therefore they will be working alongside HR quite regularly
- Assess the skills, capabilities and needs of injured workers
- Identify any vocational barriers to return to work for injured workers
- Provide psychological/motivational/vocational counselling to address return to work barriers
- Liaise with key stakeholders in order to address any RTW barriers and to formulate a return to work plan for injured workers. This will included managers and supervisors and other internal stakeholders as well as external stakeholders such as treating doctors, psychiatrists and other treating professionals.
- Liaise with the City's Workers Compensation team and WHS team and provide regular updates on RTW matters
- Keep confidential rehabilitation records
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology (can be provisionally registered) or Rehabilitation Counselling
- Professional registration with the relevant board/body
- Experience in managing complex psychological injury RTW cases
- Experience working in an outcomes-focused team environment with key performance indicators
- Experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong Negotiation / influencing skills
- Possession of a current valid Driver's Licence and willingness to drive as some travel may be required to the depots- please note a fleet car will be provided for these travel dates.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience is required with a focus on negotiation and influencing
- The successful candidate must have experience working with psychological workers compensation claims
- The successful candidate must have a psychology trained background with a focus on rehabilitation and return to work
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above and available for an immediate start, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.