- New South Wales
- Competitive Salary package!
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Maddy Clark
- 5 months ago
The Senior Manager, Sales Engineering is responsible for leading a team of pre-sales engineers and a Sales Administrator across Australia, whose role is to be the technical stewards for our customers, and design colocation and interconnection solutions leveraging products and services. The Sales Engineers are the evangelist for all established products and services, ranging from traditional colocation through to networking and cloud connectivity products.
This role is to provide leadership over the team, guide their "true north', foster a culture of proactivity, collaboration, and accountability, and support the growth and development of the team to ultimately drive both non-recurring and recurring sales for the Australian business. In addition, this role will be responsible for broader sales administration and sales operations functions as needed and will be supported by a Sales Administrator within the team.
- Provides leadership and direction to a team of individual contributors
- Aligns with sales leadership's vision, strategy, and objectives
- Provide guidance and support on solution design, ensuring the best use of resources including data centre capacity
- Assists in building the business objectives and technical sales expertise levels for the local team
- Interacts with customers at the C-level/SVP level and makes a difference in strategic deals
- Responsible for the team's support structure design and proposal of technical solutions
- Owns and manages all escalations to senior leadership for critical matters
- Able to accurately convey business concepts to the team
- Track, monitor and cultivate opportunities with a specific focus on Infrastructure Services (EIS)
- 7+ years of customer-facing experience in related industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or IT preferred
- Experience with the running of projects/project management
- Experience with leading teams/managing staff
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, thorough knowledge of company products, all potential applications, and associated technologies.
- Familiarity with document production and publication
- Competency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and other business tools