- Daily Rate
- Job Type
- Matt Brearley
- 10 months ago
The role works with external service providers, vendors, customers, project teams and other Information Services teams to ensure that applications support the organisations relevant projects and business outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage technical activities within the Enterprise Historian / SCADA systems including working with vendors and business to ensure a robust and stable environment is maintained, and future related-projects are supported.
- Lead the governance and decision-making for individual applications.
- Maintain and continuously develop the Applications Support and Management framework and operating model.
- Ensure all system and operating documentation is maintained and properly followed including all designs, administration and management manuals and standard operating procedures across internal and external service providers.
- Ensure application solution design/s are delivered in accordance with the Applications Management Support Model.
- Manage ongoing communications with internal customers, external service providers, vendors and Information Services teams regarding application performance and evolving business requirements.
- Provide operational management of applications including identifying, responding and reporting on application incidents and problems, and notification and diagnosis of cross-domain application outages as required.
- Ensure early advice to senior managers regarding unresolved application incidents, communicating all issues, responses, and recommending action as required.
- Accountable for the successful transition of applications into business-as-usual support services and operational practices.
- Understanding of Enterprise Historian and SCADA systems including technical support and system configuration.
- Highly developed verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills to effectively communicate and liaise with all levels of internal and external customers and service providers.
- High level problem-solving and analytical skills including the ability to identify trends and make recommendations or improvements to processes or services.
- Proven ability to quickly assess and communicate risks of a complex nature to senior managers and decision-makers.
- Significantly proven ability in the allocation or co-ordination of resources for planning, development and delivery of application support services and products.
- High level ability to set strategy for monitoring and managing the performance of applications and support services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits.
- Demonstrated skills in system configuration management, data management and systems integration.
- Proven experience in IT vendor management.
- In depth understanding of systems development lifecycle (SDLC), application development methodology and architecture principles.
- Well-developed negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Proven experience in working in a team environment and the ability to work autonomously within established methodologies and standards.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the value in providing a high standard of customer service in an IT context.
- Proven experience in complex multi-tier application architectures with both internal and external perimeters and that have real-time and batch integration processes running simultaneously.
- Ability to influence senior level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that professional standards are maintained.
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com