- Western Australia
- Remuneration commensurate to your experience level
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Deborah Moreton
- 6 months ago
Our client in-house software development team is pivotal to delivery and success, from creating experimental imaging software for internal services users and highly distributed processing systems for clients on a private Cloud processing platform, to innovative visualisations and task-focused user interfaces for cross-platform desktop users.
We are seeking to appoint a Scientific Applications Developer to help realise next generation scientific processing applications, and who is excited by the prospect of learning new domain knowledge, tools and techniques, and eager to extend these into innovative ideas of their own.
As a Scientific Applications Developer, you will work with an experienced team of energetic problem solvers on ambitious software challenges. Guided by Agile continuous integration process you will rapidly deploy advanced features to internal users, while also meeting production schedules for stable releases to external clients. You will show initiative by being proficient in the languages and technologies used in your projects, as well as the basic domain knowledge required to solve challenging software problems for users. You will employ design smarts on new user interfaces, APIs, High-Performance Computing and cluster data challenges.
Your tasks will include:
- high- and detailed-level design of scientific processing software
- implementation, testing, and maintenance of software in Java and/or C
- inspection and maintenance of software written by other team members
- becoming conversant in the problem domains of new and existing products
- acting as 3rd-level technical support, for otherwise-unresolvable customer issues
- providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
- collaborating on priority and scheduling for rapid product iterations
- acting as mentor for an exceptional intern or junior developer
- demonstrable expert-level skills as a software developer in C, C++, and/or Java
- a history of work in one or more of our major focus areas, such as 3D visualisation, data management and I/O, human/computer interaction, highly-parallel computing, or numerical processing,
- excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with clients
If you have the level of expertise and are interested in finding out more about the position, please contact and forward your updated CV to Alice Tan by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button or calling the Talent office on 08 9221 3300. For a list of all vacant positions, please also see our website www.talentinternational.com.